Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

"Let's make a baby"- Dr. Miller

Okay so Yesterday we met with our new doctor. Dr. Chuck Miller of The advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute. He was wonderful and we are very excited to work with him. He is very friendly and upbeat. He really made us feel welcome and that this will all work out. Needless to say we were ready to start the process of us having a child.

Roy tried to make me smile by acting funny in the office and making some jokes. He really tried to make me relax and not stress out so bad.

So he got right down to business:

Fertility Plan
1. Recheck roys semen with another semen analysis (Roy is dreading the little room LOL!)
2. Day 2-3 of my cycle he will run a blood test for a whole bunch terms I am still learning all the translations for. Also a Ultrasound will be preformed.
3. Day 6-12 he will preform a Hysterosalpinogram which is an x-ray of the uterus and fallopian tubes
4. On set of my period he will prescribe us both with a drug called Zithromax which is an antibiotic so we both don't have complications getting pregnant.
Once all this is completed he will treat us with one of the following:
If roy's results come back and he is I believe above 3% then they will go ahead with:
1. Day 5-9 I will be a on a drug called Clomid at 50mg.
2. Day 11 I will have to take a ovulation predictor test. If it comes back positive then I need to call my doctor to come in for an ultrasound and more tests to make sure I am ready.
3. Three days later or Day 14 I will have to start Progesterone, to help my body become nice and ready for the baby.
4. Last and final step "we hope" will be the procedure IUI- Intrauterine Insemination which is when they insert the sperm directly into the uterus.
If roys sperm is at 2.5% or lower we will have to try:
We will have to go a more aggressive route.
1. Try a drug called Gonadotrophins (Injectable Hormones) OUCH OUCH OUCH!!!
* Roy and I both will have to go in and learn how to give me such injections) did i say ouch!
2. 3 days later we will have an ultrasound and more tests (AHHH)
3. Day 6 we have to recheck everything..... (AHHH)
4. Then we will wait until my folical are between 17-18 mm and then we can preform an IUI.

I really don't know how different each drug will be or who different the process is going to be but I guess we just have grit through it and really look towards the goal.
Well everything seems to be going as planned I due for my period on the 9th of July so I believe that's when all our testing can start. Then I believe in August is when we will be all set to do the drugs and procedures. Lets cross our fingers to make sure everything is going to plan. Thanks for all your support and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment